Lead Engineer (Structural)
Philadelphia, PA (Headquarters)
Posted January 15th, 2022
THA is seeking talented, growth minded individuals to be part our dynamic team in our Philadelphia, PA office. The ideal candidate for the position of a Lead Engineer is a licensed Professional Engineer (PE) with a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering (Structural) and approximately 10 years of experience in structural design and restoration of multi-level parking and mixed-use structures.
The ideal candidate should be proficient in ETABS, ADAPT, ENERCALC, Excel, and have a working knowledge of Revit and Auto CAD. Technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can take ownership and execute assignments independently with minimal guidance. Candidates must also possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Lead Engineer responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Direct and lead structural engineering of cast-in-place concrete, pre-cast concrete, and steel structures.
- Perform Quality Review of engineering calculations, structural drawings and details (i.e. construction documents).
- Perform construction administration services related to shop drawing review and field visits.
- Contribute to the development and maintenance of design and drawing standards, project delivery guidelines, checklists, etc.
- Lead structural code analysis and research.
- Coach, mentor, and train Project Engineers.
- Serve as the Project Manager for engineering focused projects.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a future engineering leadership role. Candidates who seek growth into a leadership role must have an interest in learning to:
- Conduct internal training seminars covering a full spectrum of structural engineering topics.
- Develop and implement engineering and quality assurance standards, processes and controls for all components of large-scale design projects including project start-up through construction administration.
- Manage & mentor junior level staff members.
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
- Flexible work schedule
Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience.
How to Apply
To apply send a resume and cover letter including salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.