Project Engineer (Entry level)
Philadelphia, PA (Headquarters)
Posted March 1st, 2023
THA Consulting, Inc. (THA) is a recognized and reputable leader in the AEC industry, as well as a dynamic and growing firm that recently rebranded after 25 years in business. With the rebranding came a leadership transition and renewed focus on the company culture as well as employee growth and professional development. THA’s purpose driven culture is the cornerstone of the firm, embracing cultural sensitivity and diversity, employee engagement, and open and effective communication. THA has also pivoted in response to the marketplace conditions related to workplace atmosphere and the trend of hybrid work offering an environment that is flexible and encourages work-life balance.
THA expertise is focused on providing comprehensive planning, design and engineering services for mixed-use and parking related projects. Our extensive in-house experience and long tenured leadership provides our clients with creative problem solving and a single source of responsibility to meet their needs from the conceptual stages of a project, through occupancy.
We are currently seeking a enthusiastic, growth minded structural engineering candidate with excellent communication and relationship building skills for the role of Project Engineer in our Blue Bell, PA office.
The ideal candidate for our entry level Project Engineer position is a highly motivated individual with a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering or Architectural Engineering, Engineer-In-Training (EIT) certification and at least one year of structural design work experience (including internships and/or part-time positions).
Candidates must be able to self- motivate, solve problems as a critical thinker, and manage time efficiently. Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD and proficiency with ETABS and Revit is a plus. Candidates must also possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Structural engineering of cast-in-place concrete, pre-cast concrete and steel structures.
- Preparing engineering calculations, structural drawings and details (i.e. construction documents).
- Performing construction administration services related to shop drawing review and field visits.
- Researching code issues (building and structural).
- Assisting with all aspects of project management from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
- Performing condition appraisals and restoration engineering.
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
Competitive annual salary commensurate with education & experience.
Email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!