Structural Project Engineer – Immediate Opening
Posted May 18th, 2022
THA Consulting, Inc. (THA) is a recognized and reputable leader in the industry, as well as a dynamic and growing firm that recently rebranded after 25 years in business. With the rebranding came a leadership transition and renewed focus on the company culture as well as employee growth and professional development. THA’s purpose driven culture is the cornerstone of the firm, embracing cultural sensitivity and diversity, employee engagement, and open and effective communication. THA has also pivoted in response to the marketplace conditions related to workplace atmosphere and the trend of hybrid work offering an environment that is flexible and encourages work-life balance.
THA is seeking talented, growth minded individuals to be part our dynamic team in our Cumming, GA office. The ideal candidate is a junior level Engineer in Training (EIT) who is actively pursuing licensure with a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil or Architectural Engineering. Minimum of three (3) years of structural design and restoration experience in commercial and mixed use structures is required with multi-level parking structure experience a plus. Proficiency in Revit and AutoCAD is essential with strong working knowledge with ETABS, STAAD and SAP2000. Technical skills must be at the level in which candidates can execute assignments independently with minimal guidance or training. Candidates must also possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Project Engineer responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Structural engineering of cast-in-place concrete, pre-cast concrete and steel structures.
- Preparing engineering calculations, structural drawings and details (i.e. construction documents).
- Performing construction administration services related to shop drawing review and field visits.
- Researching code issues (building and structural).
- Assisting with all aspects of project management from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
This position is an excellent opportunity for candidates seeking professional growth into a future project management/engineering leadership role.
Candidates who seek growth into a leadership role must have an interest in learning to:
• Prepare/deliver presentations at client interviews, professional seminars, etc.
• Manage & mentor junior level staff members.
• Acquire critical project management skills including contract negotiation & management, coordination of scope & schedule of deliverables,
Our staff members are our greatest asset, which is why we place such a high degree of importance on providing comprehensive, affordable benefit plans. The types of plans we offer are carefully considered to ensure that they support the well-being and financial security of our staff members and their families. These benefits include, but are not limited to:
- Competitive annual salary commensurate with level of experience.
- Health Insurance (including prescription drug & vision coverage)
- Dental Insurance
- Short & Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (Medical & Dependent Care)
- 401k Plan (including employer matching plan)
- Paid Time Off (vacation, sick, and personal time)
- Paid Parental Leave
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Professional Association Fee Reimbursement
- Certification & Licensure Reimbursement
How to Apply:
Email your resume and cover letter including salary requirements via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!
THA Consulting, Inc. does not accept inquires from third party recruiting agencies.