Summer Engineering Internship (structural)
Philadelphia, PA (Headquarters)
Posted November 23rd, 2020
We are currently accepting application for summer engineering internship in our Philadelphia, PA office. Talented engineering student pursuing civil or structural engineering with excellent communication & interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team environment are encouraged to apply.
The ideal candidate for our Structural Engineering Intern position is a highly motivated student pursuing a Bachelor’s or Master’s of Science in Civil Engineering (structural emphasis) or Architectural Engineering with at least one previous structural design internship experience.
Candidates must be able to self- motivate, solve problems as a critical thinker, and manage time efficiently. Strong working knowledge of AutoCAD, proficiency with ETABS, and Revit is a plus. Candidates must also possess the communication and interpersonal skills necessary for effective project team collaboration and relationship building (internal & external teams).
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assisting with the structural engineering of cast-in-place concrete, pre-cast concrete and steel structures.
- Participating in the preparation of engineering calculations, structural drawings and details (i.e. construction documents).
- Assisting with construction administration services related to shop drawing review and field visits.
- Researching code issues (building and structural).
- Participating in all aspects of project management from project set-up through design and into construction administration.
- Participating in condition appraisals and restoration engineering.
Email your resume and cover letter including grade point average (GPA) via email to email@example.com.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer!