Parking Planning and Mobility Specialist
New Brunswick, NJ Full-time Position
Posted October 25th, 2023
We are currently seeking an enthusiastic, growth minded Parking Planning Specialist candidate with excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- The Parking Planning Specialist’s primary objective is to undertake parking studies and assessment to assist clients (municipal, university, healthcare, developers, etc.) to identify parking related needs and challenges and develop, propose and help implement strategic / smart parking initiatives that help create a positive parking, access, and mobility experience for end-users so that clients may realize an enhancement to the access to their destinations of their property/assets.
- The Parking Planning Specialist conducts a full range of research & analysis protocols including; supply/demand studies, shared parking analysis, financial feasibility studies, operational / management studies, alternative mobility considerations, assessment of parking security considerations, evaluation of parking equipment/revenue control options. In addition, the Parking Study Specialist will assist in preparing responding to study RFP’s and proposals.
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in City & Regional Planning or Urban Planning.
- Effective analytical writing and verbal communication skills are key strengths along with client collaboration to effectively build & maintain productive relationships with clients, vendors, and co-workers.
- Ability to work independently, carry out assignments to successful completion under appropriate deadlines and assist with business development related to parking studies.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint & Outlook) is required. Experience with Deltek Vision is a plus.
- The candidate has a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Business, Economics, Finance, Urban planning or a closely related discipline with 5+ years of experience in a parking studies and consulting, traffic planning, or parking operations providing assessments of parking conditions for downtowns, universities, medical institutions, private development, etc. and developing innovative and rationale parking solutions. Experience in traffic engineering is desired but not required.
- Knowledge of the parking industry / parking management operations and an understanding of the role parking plays in supporting economic, campus, and real estate development.
- Familiar with smart parking strategies, traffic demand management, alternative mobility options, and have advanced knowledge of Parking Access and Revenue Control Systems (PARCS) and other parking management related technologies.
Apply by emailing resume to hiring @tha-consulting.com